Emilia Clarke has cemented her place in every GoT watcher as the Unburnt Khaleesi, but did you know anything about her personal life? Read on and find out more about her.
1. You Probably Didn’t Know That Her Audition For HBO’s Game Of Thrones Was Completely Improvised.
She didn’t get much time to research and rehearse her role thoroughly. On the day of the audition she did all the scene as she was instructed to do and when she asked if she could do anything else, one of the producers joked that she could dance. She took it seriously and started doing a chicken dance followed by a robot dance. The producers were quite amused and gave her the role.
2. She Speaks Quite A Few Languages And Has Mastered Many Accents Too.
Apart from English, she can speak in French and German. Emilia Clarke has also mastered the Cockney, Southern, London, American Southern States American-New York and Liverpool.
3. Emilia Clarke Is Also A Musician Among Other Things.
Singing and playing instruments is one of the many things that Emilia Clarke loves to do. She plays the piano, flute and the guitar. She also did a Broadway show called Breakfast at Tiffany’s in 2013. You should also that her father was the sound engineer on the sets of Snow Boat, the very musical that inspired her to be an actress.
4. You Almost Saw Her On 50 Shades Of Grey.
Did you know that Emilia Clarke was offered the role of Anastasia Steele in the adaptation of 50 Shades Of Grey which she turned down? The reason? Explicit Nudity. In her defence, she said she didn’t want to be labelled as someone who only portrays such roles.
5. She Worked Multiple Jobs Before She Got Her Big Break.
She worked around 6 jobs in order to make ends meet. Bartending, serving at restaurants and a call centre job. She’s done it all!
6. She Was Bullied For Her Eyebrows.
Did you know that Emilia Clarke was bullied for her eyebrows? Her seniors often ridiculed her eyebrows during her adolescent period.
7. She Wishes She Was A Natural Blonde.
She loves wearing the blonde wig while filming and has even asked the producers if she could sometimes wear it off set too. Due to her being a brunette, she is rarely recognised when she is on set without the wig.
8. Many People Have Named Their Babies After Her Character.
People were so captivated by Emilia’s portrayal of the popular character that they started legally naming their daughters Khaleesi. It was reported that around 160 babies were named Khaleesi in 2012 alone.
9. Did You Know That She Is The World’s Most Desired Woman?
She was ranked number one in the Most Desirable Woman in the world category in 2014 by the readers of AskMen. She went on to claim the title of Esquire‘s Sexiest Woman Alive in 2015.
10. She Likes The TV Series Girls.
She likes it so much that she is willing to play an extra random in it.
11. She Has A Species Named After Her Character Too.
A species of sea slugs have been dubbed Tritoria Khaleesi after her.
12. She’s Done A Suicide Commercial.
It was a charity for emotionally distressed people. Clarke took part in its commercial.