Manspreading isn’t a gender issue, it just means the extra space men take up when they spread their legs while sitting, especially in public transportation contexts, such as subways and buses. So, women need to stop trying to make it one. From a larger social context, this is the argument that many feminists make, that our society is teaching men that it’s okay for them to take up more space than is needed and they have the right to dominate their environments, and they find this disrespectful.
also, read 12 Female Manners Which Drive All Men Crazy
We bring you this Manspreading issue to distinguish whether it’s worth it, to stop or carry on, making it a gender issue.
1. Manspreading word is now added to the Oxford Dictionary
2. New York’s Metropolitan Transportation Authority launched an ad campaign on manspreading.
3. As per gender, women knees always remain where they are meant to be, while assertive behavior is only associated with men.
4. A highlighted action men feel entitled to, and women often feel they just can’t do, therefore no issue!
5. An unnecessarily gendered issue, much bigger feminist battles to be fought, than this seating topic.