When a woman gets pregnant and is about to become a mother, the level of expectations gets as high as they can. but when reality hits, things really change. Well, motherhood and pregnancy is a beautiful process, probably the purest but there is no denying about the complications and problems it comes with. Talk to a woman who just gave birth, ask her what she just went through. Trust me, it ain’t really easy when a woman gets pregnant. This comics series by a mother who just gave birth clearly depicts the differences between the expectations and the reality.
More info: How We Came To Be
1. And the story begins. The way this comics will describe every step one by one will be an eye-opener for many.
2. The mother is already in pain, right? How would the needle hurt more? Also, glad the husband reached on time.
3. Wait, what? You’ll insert that in the pee hole? Expectations of a happy painless process are slowly fading away, the reality is kicking in.
4. Um! That look on her face easily describes the discomfort of this mother. These comics indeed are brutally honest. Applaud for depicting the reality after she gave birth.
5. No, not again. The woman is already in pain. Why do these people keep poking?
6. Dear husband, not the right time to use your imagination I guess. But he is trying to calm her down, that’s sweet.
7. Rest? Are you kidding me? The mother had the baby for 9 months in her womb, give the baby to her. Don’t just take away all the expectations.
8. Did the doctor just inform her that she has to stay a while longer and then asked her to stay calm? What! Reality is harsh and so is this comics.
9. Can you all stop fearing her out? At least give the lady some time to digest everything.
10. I don’t even know what to say. These comics are so beautiful. Honest, brutal, full of reality and downright beautiful.
11. Stop asking her the same question again and again! Though I understand it’s difficult to sleep at nights but the same question will irritate her, dear nurses.
12. This is exactly like our expectations. We take nurses as our mothers and they turn out to be one.
13. And finally, the couple is out. Welcome to reality, you three. These comics keeps getting real.
14. Despite this being an illustration, you can easily see the happiness.
15. A happy ending, a happy family.