Disney princesses, what is the stereotype image that you have in mind? Of course, the delicate, charming and lady like and all living fairy tale lives. But, nobody ever thought that even these princesses can face real life problems!
So, taking a break from the “not so real” problems of these princesses, somebody actually thought of presenting the real life issues of these maidens. These aren’t maidens full of ‘feel-good’ emotion, and never say never attitude. But girls just like us who face serious issues in their daily lives.
Coming out of their fairy land they are facing problems like violence, sex-abuse, domestic violence and much more.
The Philadelphia based photographer, Shannon Dermody, in her latest photo shoot, has brought this marvelous concept. And like all, you too would be amazed to see what she has to offer to you.
Here are some of the real life problems that the Disney princesses are facing in the real world!
1. We all know the story of how the Beast fell in love with Beauty. But Beauty was yet to see the actual beastly side of him. She faces Domestic Violence at home, which no one speaks of.
2. Jasmine, though she’s a royal beauty. She’s caught up in smoking addiction.
3. Looks like dear Cinderella is facing a bit of an alcoholism problem.
4. Ariel, trapped in the water pollution. No wonder she’s dead!
5. Princesses also fall victim to sex trafficking.
6. Disney Princesses also have to face police brutality in this real world.
7. Rapunzel faces cancer. No more long hair 🙁
8. Queen Elsa was forced to commit suicide in this real world cause the society won’t accept her for being different.
9. Snow White struggles every day to keep her head above water and support her family with several kids and a prince.
10. Beauty is obsessed with looking younger.
11. Sleeping Beauty is still sleeping.
12. Princesses also get raped in this real world.
13. And there’s the drug addiction as well.
The photographer is seeking to raise awareness about the real-world problems by taking us out of our comfort zone and talking about dramatic living conditions many people around the world face every day.